Pairing Beer & Burgers, a Match Made in Heaven
Burger beer pairing can transform a good Saturday into a great Saturday. Pairing anything with alcohol is about balance and complementing. That goes for Food & Wine, Beer & Burgers, Scotch & Cigars, Body Shots & Coeds, well you get the picture. You want to consider how the flavors balance. You don’t want one flavor to completely outweigh the other. So similar profiles work well as do contrasting profiles, such as spicy with refreshing.
Some tips to consider for Burger Beer pairing.
Spicy Flavors: Pilsners and Helles style lagers will cool the heat, while Hoppy IPAs pair well with spicy flavors to accentuate the heat
Savory Flavors: Porters, Schwarzbiers, nutty brown ales and Amber beers complement mushrooms and some aged cheeses, like Swiss and Gouda
Rich Flavors: American Wheat and Belgian golden ales, or Hoppy American pale ales and IPAs, cut the richness of avocados, creamy dressings and goat cheese
- Acidic Flavors: Spicy Saisons, Witbiers, English style pale ales and American wheat beers work well with pickles, vinaigrettes, citrus and mustards
Smokey Flavors: A Porter or Doppleblock pairs nicely with smoky bacon or other cured meats. In contrast, a sharp IPA will cut the sweetness of maple bacon.
- Want the best tasting beer? How to avoid skunked beer.
- Acetaldehyde in beer causes hangovers. Learn how to help with your hangover from acetaldehyde beer.
Great Burger Tips & Hacks
- Use 80/20 ground chuck.
- Press the middle of the patty to make an imprint.
- Use canola oil, cast iron and high heat.
- Flip only once.
- Get creative with the cheese, mix them up.