champagne hangover

The Champagne Hangover. The legend of champagne delivering a stiff hangover has been spread for years. But is it true? If so, why does delicious delicate champagne lead to worse hangovers? After digging in we found some very interesting information.

First, to clarify the difference between Sparkling Wine, Champagne, & Prosecco. Sparkling wine is a wine with significant levels of carbon dioxide in it, making it fizzy. Specific types of sparkling wine are champagne & prosecco. Champagne is exclusively produced in the Champagne region of France. Prosecco, originates from the village of Prosecco, located near the city of Trieste in northeastern Italy. For the most part the rest of bubbly wine is sparkling wine.

Carbonated beverages (champagne, sodas, beer) push alcohol to be absorbed into the blood stream faster than it does in non-carbonated beverages. At the top of the list in most carbonated beverages? Champagne and sparkling wines. The quicker rate of absorption can lead to a worse champagne hangover.

Only 20% of the carbon dioxide in Champagne escapes from a bottle in the form of bubbles – the remaining 80% is released through direct diffusion. Pro Tip, pour your bottled beer into a glass to release some carbonation. Better for digestion and your hangover.

Preventing the Champagne Hangover

On top of that alcohol is a diuretic. The extra urination can cause dehydration, which can add to your hangover. Adding to that carbonated beverages make you feel a little fuller. This tends to make you less thirsty. Which can cause one to drink less water because your stomach is full and this leads to more dehydration in your body.

Another potential culprit for the champagne hangover is the residual sugar. Sugar really throws your body off when you are drinking and greatly adds to your hangover. For lower sugar content, look for sparkling wine bottles labeled “brut” or “extra brut,” as in, less than 1% residual sugar. Most people will find these less tasty, but if you are looking to drink bubbly all night this is a good recommendation.

After looking at the facts, it appears the champagne hangover is real. 2 solutions, consumchampagne hangovere a little less bubbly. Another option is to take a hangover supplement that helps prepare your body and prevents your hangover. Maybe this sounds too good to be true but we have good news for you, we have samples you can try. Happy Hour Vitamins was created out of a desire to avoid hangovers. The owner knew others would enjoy the benefits as well and wants you to try them. 5 samples of Happy Hour Vitamins are available for just $5 S&H ($5 is than a drink) just visit www.tryh2v.com.

Enjoy your Champagne, just beware of the champagne hangover. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.